The Longest Day is an endurance golf marathon designed to test your skill, strength and stamina. The challenge is to successfully complete four rounds (72 holes) of golf from dawn to dusk and raise funds for Cancer Council’s research, prevention and support services.
Think you have what it takes? Register now for The Longest Day and let’s tee off for a cancer free future.
When is the challenge?
The official day is Monday 16 December however, you can choose any day in December to hold your Longest Day golf marathon. You’ll need all the time you can get so we recommend playing as close to the longest day of the year as possible.
Where to Play
With our partners Golf Australia and Golf NSW clubs across Australia have agreed to be host clubs for The Longest Day. This means you can play at these clubs for FREE as part of your Longest Day challenge.
Check out the list here
If you’re already a member of a golf club and they are not on the host club list, just let them know you’re taking on this challenge and book your tee time. Check out the below tips and resources to help you get them on board:
- Use the email/letter template we’ve created to ask them to host your day
- Tell them what the challenge is all about using our handy factsheet.
- Use our ‘How it Helps’ poster to show them how the money you’ll be raising will support the lives of people living with cancer.
- Offer to feature your club on your social media and fundraising page
- See if they can help by opening early and waiving or reducing the green fees.
- We can send them some helpful promotional posters. Simply contact us for more information.
Why take on the challenge?
Did you know…
Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.
Two in three Australians are diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70
We need heroes like you to fundraise so we can provide life-saving research, prevention and support services to those affected by cancer in our community. Since 2013, golfers like you have raised over $890,000 to help cancer patients across the country. That's why, to us, everyone who takes on the challenge is a real hero.